A leading and independently owned tax and accountancy practice is seeking a Tax Assistant to be based in Southampton to join its expanding team. You will be part of a friendly, enthusiastic team in a company wanting to invest in your career.
Full training support is offered to study towards a professional qualification – ATT.
As the Tax Assistant, your duties will be to:
- Delivering high quality service to clients
- Assist with running a portfolio of clients which may including sole traders, partners, trusts
- Liaising with third parties and the clients in respect of the collation of tax return information
- Ensuring administration of the portfolio is completed including all aspects of compliance, accounts, tax returns and tax computations
- Ensuring clients are notified of their tax liabilities in a timely manner
- Answering client ad-hoc questions and enquiries in respect of the clients’ personal tax affairs
- Client billing and time analysis
To be a successful Tax Assistant you will have the following skills and experience:
- Must be able to plan workload in order to prioritise work to meet conflicting deadlines and cope with pressure.
- Good written communication skills are necessary to draft correspondence.
- Must have good inter-personal skills to be able to liaise with clients and other staff members.
- An enthusiasm to learn and pursue a career in taxation
- Good IT skills, word, excel etc
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s A*-C including English and Maths or equivalent
You are required to work 37.5 hours a week. In return, the Tax Assistant will receive a salary of £16,500 – £20,000 per annum depending on experience and full training support.