Working alongside colleagues in Technical, Operations and Engineering the Specification Technologist with play a key role in ensuring the designated critical path stages between concept handover and product launches are achieved, with comprehensive communications of project statuses maintained with all stakeholders.
As the Specification Technologist you will be providing comprehensive and accurate information for Internal and External Customers, which includes Sample Submission Forms, Specifications, Trial and Launch information.
To be successful in this role you will have a detailed practical knowledge of current cooking, filling and packaging technologies to ensure specifications reflect the most up to date site processes and procedures. You will be the person checking artwork and packaging against agreed pack copy, legal and company requirements and ingredient specifications ensuring any non-compliance with the specification is reported.
Other tasks include:
- Ensure traceability of the Documentation throughout the Project.
- Identify, investigate and manage selected projects to support the increase in Technical knowledge of the business.
- Identify and implement opportunities to reduce costs across site.
- Appropriate testing of new raw materials is referenced in Documentation to ensure food safety and quality of products is maintained as required, ensuring this is completed as required.
- To provide support to the Technical and Operations Team during launch periods.
The business recruiting is looking for previous experience with food processing and/or manufacture, and awareness of nutrition, food tolerance, allergens. A qualification in Food Science, Technology or Nutrition is also needed.
If this sounds like you please apply for the Specifications Technologist by applying with your CV below or giving us a call for more information and a full job description.