We are looking for Production Team Leaders for a world leading and innovative company based on the outskirts of Salisbury, Wiltshire.
This is a full-time permanent position covering the following shifts, 7.00am – 3.30pm (‘earlies’); 3.00pm – 11.30pm (‘lates’) and 11.00pm – 7.30am (‘nights’).
As the Production Team Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Schedule workloads to meet production plans and manage shift performance.
- Monitor both labour and machine efficiency to ensure costs and lead-time targets are met.
- Recommend and implement, following approval, improvements to the sections organisation, work methods and processes to achieve gains in safety, quality and productivity.
- Responsible for compliance with all company Health and Safety procedures, conducting monthly audits, safety inspections and risk assessments.
- Produce basic shift reports highlighting issues and successes, where required.
- Support the disciplinary procedure with guidance from the HR department and Line Management, including investigations where required.
- Ensure all employees are inducted and trained by appropriate means/resources to achieve competency in Safety, Quality and Productivity.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience within a Supervisory position and Lean Techniques
- Proficient IT Skills (MS Office)
- Detailed knowledge of Risk Assessments and safety inspection procedures would be desirable
- IOSH Managing Safely would be advantageous
- Ability to wear full PPE
- Basic understanding of Process Instructions, Risk Assessments, COSHH and Manual Handling
- Right to live and work in the UK, with ability to obtain SC level clearance (5 years British residency)
- GCSE or equivalent, ideally with Maths, English & Science would be desirable