An exciting and innovative brand is seeking an enthusiastic Production Engineer who is degree qualified or similar in engineering. This position is Full Time 3Month Fixed Term contract working 37.5 hours a week.
This company is a friendly business that has a “family feel” ethos amongst the staff.
As the Production Engineer, your duties will be to:
- Developing, growing and protecting the long term efficiency of production
- Managing the effective release of New Products into Production
- Co-ordination of all other departments for the successful transition of new products from design through to production
- Developing and implementing new production methods to increase productivity on the production line.
- Managing cost containment
- Responsible for checking jigs/fixtures that are involved in production are effectively used to maximise on productivity & profit
- Develop various techniques to control production environments
- Assist with the implementation of staff training programs
- Estimating production times & costs
To be a successful Production Supervisor you will have the following skills and experience:
- Able to demonstrate evidence of ability to build relationships
- Well organised and able to work to tight deadlines
- Flexible and proactive in approach to the role
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A creative thinker with good writing skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills to identify the root cause and resolve performance blockages
- High level management of project teams and external relationships with suppliers
- PC literate and numerate Degree qualified or similar Engineering qualification
- Demonstrable evidence of ability to build relationships with key business areas
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing tools
- Solidworks Composer; desirable but not essential
You are required to work 37.5 hours a week. A flexible approach is essential as you may be required to work outside of normal hours to achieve organisational goals.
In return, the Production Engineer will receive a Salary of £19,000 – £24,000 Per Annum Pro Rata