An exciting new project has been launched to provide a world class tourism experience. Our Salisbury based client is looking for a mid-level sales exec to join their small team and work as a Tourism Sales Executive.
The successful applicant would benefit from incredibly flexible working hours, this role can be part time or full time and with the opportunity of some home working if desired. This position is a contract, initially for circa 3 months but this may be extended.
You will be working from warm/hot B2B leads and must have an enthusiasm for tourism.
As the Tourism Sales Executive, your duties will be to:
- Contacting potential or existing businesses to inform them about a product or service using scripts
- Answering questions about products or project
- Asking questions to understand requirements and close sales
- Enter and update information in the database
- Take and process orders in an accurate manner
- Handle grievances to preserve the reputation of the project
- Go the “extra mile” to meet sales quota and facilitate future sales
To be a successful Tourism Sales Executive you will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience as sales representative or other sales/customer service role
- Proven track record of successfully meeting sales quota preferably over the phone
- Good knowledge of relevant computer programs (e.g. CRM software)
- Ability to learn about products and services and describe/explain them to prospects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Cool-tempered and able to handle rejection
- Outstanding negotiation skills with the ability to resolve issues and address complaints
- Tourism experience will be a plus
You are required to work between 20-37.5 hours a week. In return, the Tourism Sales Executive will receive a salary of £20,000 – £28,000 per annum depending on experience, pro rata if part time.