A long standing non-profit organisation is seeking a Part Time Events and Communication Officer (25 hours a week over 4 or 5 days) to work within a small, enthusiastic and friendly office.
Initially this is a 1 year contract with the opportunity to go permanent.
Ideally you would have experience within the volunteer, non-profit, and / or charitable sector. Experience within event administration and social media marketing is essential!
There are lots of benefits in the organisation such as, 25 days holiday plus bank hols, 10% pension contributions when you contribute 5%, opportunity for paid volunteer days and more!
As the Events and Communication Officer, you will be responsible for:
- Daily management of the online booking system
- Preparation of paperwork, information packs etc for delegates attending events, trainings, activities and conferences.
- Preparation of briefing material, attendance lists etc for Volunteers who are delivering the events, trainings, activities, and conferences.
- Be prepared to attend any of the events, trainings, activities and conferences as part of the organising team.
- Monitor press coverage and take any necessary follow up action.
- Regular liaison with the HQ Communications team.
- Deliver PR trainings to volunteer groups.
- Write copy for social media posts.
- Create impactful social media campaigns, grow social media audiences.
- Collate statistics, monitor trends/activity.
To be a successful Events and Communication Officer you will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience with event administration and an online booking system.
- A confident communicator with proven experience in writing copy for blogs and social media.
- Proven experience in managing social media strategy and collating statistics.
- Enthusiastic and proactive attitude.
Full Clean driving licence is essential and must be willing to travel as necessary.
The successful candidate will be required to work occasional Saturdays/Sundays and evenings to support volunteer meetings and events.
In return, the Events and Communication Officer will receive a salary of £20,000 – 22,000 pro rata.
If you are interested in this position please email your CV to sophie@personnel-placements at Personnel Placements. Further information can be obtained from Sophie at Personnel Placements, 01722 334433.