We are looking for an NPD Technologist for our client based in Salisbury. This is a full time, permanent position. As the NPD Technologist you will be responsible for designing and developing baked goods and products that meet customer and manufacturing requirements.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Interpret NPD/EPD briefs and concepts into innovative, profitable and production friendly product. Ensuring that NPD/EPD successfully translate from initial brief through to full factory production.
- Assist at factory trials and work with Process and Ops to ensure products are representative of what the customer approved
- Identify and drive key new product development project initiatives within the business. Ensuring product concepts meet cost and margin aspirations for the company and the customer
- Comply fully with the NPD/EPD procedure. While working in the Test Kitchen ensure that hygiene practices connected with the storage, preparation and cooking of food is followed.
- Accurately record project details to ensure all information is available and transferable within Development and to other Departments. Assist in preparation of documents for handover meeting to the Process team
- Assist the Commercial team in the successful delivery of new products to an agreed plan
- Representing the company in front of suppliers and customers, actively build relationships with suppliers. Using key suppliers to drive new ideas, processes and identify product improvement/savings
- Regularly conduct a systematic review of recipes, ingredients method of manufacture and packaging to drive efficiencies and increased profitability
Skills and Experience:
- Previous practical experience in the bakery industry and knowledge of bakery products and bakery procedures is essential.
- Able to generate recipes and for recipe generation and recipe adjustments throughout the development process
- Ability to work hands on with the product
- Excellent communication skills
Previous experience in an NPD role would be desirable.