We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer for our client who is based on the outskirts of Salisbury, Wiltshire. You will be reporting to the General Manager and be involved in product design, utilising your knowledge of traditional and modern manufacturing techniques.
Duties and Responsibilities as a Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Using 3D drawing software design, prototype and develop new product from concept to delivery.
- Investigate, report and implement latest technologies to aid with product manufacture.
- Organise filing and record keeping for R & D projects.
- Work with other departments and external sources to identify and implement appropriate manufacturing processes.
- Technical drawing update and control.
- Provide support to other departments where necessary.
- Fault finding root cause analysis, solution and implementation.
Experience and knowledge needed to become a Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Experience in product design, traditional and modern manufacturing techniques
- Experience working independently / unsupervised
- Proficient in SolidWorks or similar
- Willing to listen to key members of the business
- Drive to learn new technologies and methods
- Knowledge or interest of Classic vehicles and knowledge of automotive components would be an advantage
In return you will receive between £25000-30000 for this full time (37.5) hour week.