We are looking for a Manual Lathe/Mill Operator for a company based in Salisbury.
This is a full-time position, Monday to Thursday 8.45am -5.15pm and Friday 8.45am – 4.30pm.
You will be responsible for operating Manual Lathes and Milling machines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce one-off and mass production runs
- Set and operate manual lathes and mills
- Set up and use the grinding machines
- Read and translate drawings for application
- Deburr / fettling of products
- Product re-work as necessary
- Cleaning and general maintenance of machines
- First off component checking / measuring
- Make general fixtures, fittings & jigs
- Create and file process flow sheet
- Create costings based on time and material
- Assisting CNC machine production
- Assist Purchasing department to update delivery schedule
Skills and experience:
- Experience using manual Lathes and Milling machines
- Ability to read and understand drawings
- Excellent attention to detail
- Understanding traditional machining technics