We are looking for someone with experience in groundskeeping or professional gardening to join an organisation based on the Wiltshire/Dorset Border.
This permanent role comprises of all aspects of estate ground maintenance of grounds and gardens covering around 50 acres including woodland.
This position is 9-5 Monday to Friday.
As a Groundskeeper you will be responsible for:
- Daily Grounds duties such as cutting grass, watering, marking out pitches, spraying, fertilising and any other grounds tasks.
- Operate machinery, ride on mowers, strimmers and associated plant
- Ensure all machinery is maintained and serviced to the required standard
- Assist in ensuring all groundsman areas are kept clean and tidy at all times
- Carry out all general grounds tasks, including planting, shrub & tree pruning, maintenance of ditches, paths and removal of grass clippings and leaves and litter picking.
- Help to maintain & repair gates, fences and grounds/gardens huts and out buildings.
- Carry out weed spraying, application of fertilisers, chemicals etc.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Experience in general grounds maintenance, gardening and use of relevant machinery
- Good interpersonal skills and strong work ethic.
- The candidate must hold a valid full UK drivers licence and live within an easily commutable distance
- Strong communicator and the ability to build working relationships with people at all levels of the organisation
- You should be confident, approachable and reliable, setting high standards and expectations of themselves