A passionate charity that works both nationally and internationally are looking for a friendly, experienced and committed Finance Officer to work on a part time basis in their Salisbury office. You will receive many benefits including flexibility in your working hours (24 hours a week), pension scheme and 25 days holiday (pro rata) plus 8 statutory bank holiday days.
You will be working in a welcoming, small team with an enthusiasm for their cause.
As the Finance Officer your duties will be to:
- Sales, purchase and nominal ledgers and all payroll-related journals.
- Statutory payments and taxes including HMRC payments and Gift Aid returns.
- Bank accounts and reporting of investments, currently all sterling and possibly some future foreign currency accounts.
- Responsible for VAT returns (working alongside the Head of Finance), and assist with Gift Aid and Membership direct debit collections alongside colleagues in the Membership team.
- A main contact for all insurance questions and renewals.
- A main contact for HR advisor & Payroll provider, including maintaining records and processing payroll-related costs in Sage Accounts.
To be a successful Finance Officer you will have the following skills and experience:
- Four years’ financial experience with a good record of maintaining all aspects of financial ledgers along with preparation of reconciliations, banking, petty cash, staff credit card and expense claims.
- Practical working experience of Sage line 50 or equivalent computer packages.
- Ability to interpret financial reports such that “what does this represent” is presented alongside appropriate financial information.
- Excellent Excel spreadsheet skills – plus numeracy and literacy skills, including written correspondence to accompany financial information.
- We are looking for a friendly, capable, all-round finance person.
You are required to work 22-30 hours a week. These hours can be defined by you but would need to be set hours for consistency within the finance team.
In return, the Finance Officer will receive a salary of £24,000 pro rata.