An opportunity has arisen to work for a fantastic company based in Salisbury as a Business Applications and Intelligence Officer. Our client is at the forefront of its sector with a friendly, enthusiastic and passionate team.
This role is based within the IT department, you will be responsible for implementing, configuring and maintaining information systems applications. As well as using your specialist technical knowhow to assist with reporting against the BI strategy.
As the Business Applications and Intelligence Officer, your duties will be to:
- Implement, monitor and upgrade the company’s business applications
- Develop the business applications via internal configuration changes, or through service providers, to fit the business processes.
- Provide escalated support to end users on business applications
- Define, monitor and control projects related to business information systems.
- Diagnose performance improvements of SQL Servers
- Report and track data against the BI strategy
- Acting as subject matter expert for all BI and Visualisation requirements
To be a successful Business Applications and Intelligence Officer you will have the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge of an ERP system
- Knowledge of Reporting Tools
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Development of applications using a range of tools
- Ability to analyse the business environment and activities
- Generating new ideas and driving their implementation
- ITIL qualification is desirable
- Educated to HND or degree level in relevant IT field
- Experience within a manufacturing environment would be an advantage
You are required to work 37.5 hours a week with some flexibility on start and finish time.
In return, the Business Applications and Intelligence Officer will receive a salary of £30,000 – £35,000 per annum depending on experience.