An exciting and innovative brand is seeking an enthusiastic Accounts Assistant to join their friendly accounts team. You will be based in central Salisbury and receive many benefits such as 23 days holiday, plus bank holidays. Also 5 extra unpaid days (Holiday entitlement increases with the length of service).
This company is a friendly business that has a “family feel” ethos amongst the staff.
As the Accounts Assistant, your duties will be to:
- Ensure that the purchase order, delivery receipts, customs documents are attached to the supplier invoice and investigate discrepancies.
- Manage supplier and intercompany invoice processing and monthly reconciliations.
- Set up new and maintain existing suppliers within the accounting package.
- Processing, verifying and paying personal expense claims.
- Processing of deposits and cash received into the sales ledger.
- Cash book, Petty Cash and bank reconciliations.
- Reconciliation of Direct Debit mandates and Financial Lease payments.
- Reconcile the Accounts Payable ledger to the control account on a monthly basis.
To be a successful Accounts Assistant you will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years relevant working experiences in accounting and account payable / receivable / credit collections environment.
- Could be studying towards an accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) or also could be qualified by experience.
- Must have Excel skills and be used to working with an ERP.
- Must have experience and feel comfortable working in a small accounting office where there is a requirement to multi task.
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Enthusiastic and positive personality.
You are required to work 37.5 hours a week. In return, the Accounts Assistant will receive a salary of £21,000 – £23,000 per annum depending on experience.