Production Manager [ Ref: VAC/28832 ]
- Job Type: Permanent
£35,000 - 40,000
- Location: Salisbury
- Start Date: ASAP
- Job Sector: Distribution, Production and Assembly, Senior Management
Do you have experience managing a team within a manufacturing environment? We are working with a local company with great staff benefits and a friendly team. You will be responsible for the smooth daily operation of the production departments and for achieving production targets.
The role involves man-management of the production supervisor and all other staff working in the production departments.
- Responsible for the operation of the production departments, ensuring that all work is carried out efficiently, safely and to a high standard.
- Achieve production targets to maximise on-time shipping and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for initiating and implementing change projects that improve the departmental operation.
- Working with Quality Management, ensure clear feedback of quality issues into the relevant department.
- Generate daily, weekly or monthly reports, as appropriate.
- Ensure all activities are carried out following current H&S standards
- Develop, train and motivate departmental staff. Carry out 1-2-1 meetings and first level disciplinary meetings.
- Arrange temporary movement of team members into or out of departments to aid the achievement of company objectives.
Responsible for the production departmental teams in PCB, wiring, test
- Computer literate, familiar with Microsoft office
- Resilient, assertive and confident, able to interact with production staff as needed
- Experience in lean manufacturing
- Experience in manufacturing environment
- Electrical Engineering qualification desirable